A case study is an active learning activity in which students read a predefined data set, scenario, or application. The case study is accompanied by a list of questions that asks students to think about the information and formulate a response.
Create four to five case studies with a similar level of difficulty. Students work in groups of 4 or 5 in breakout rooms about 10-15 minutes (or enough time) to work through the cases.
- Breakout rooms – i.e. via MS Teams
- Mural: https://www.mural.co/
- Miro: https://miro.com/
- Conceptboard – using a suitable template: https://conceptboard.com/
- Spatial.Chat – enables grouping in a space: https://spatial.chat/
- Retrotool – enables a notes-preparation area – students can put their thoughts in a private space before sharing them with others: https://retrotool.io/