Use the collective knowledge of the students to work on new ideas and develop new solutions together. Support this creative process of the students by using (digital) tools that help to jointly visualise and develop ideas. Methods that support creative thinking in teams:
- Mind-mapping: collection of ideas and visualisation of contexts
- Concept creation: developing concepts by using various visualisation formats and business models.
- Collaborative texting: exchange ideas in real-time through collective texting.
- Shared interactive whiteboards: collect ideas on a digital white board; share the whiteboard via link.
Various tools support the process of idea creation in teams, just to mention a few:
- Coggle: tool to organise information in a mind map with colleagues; Coggle includes a messaging panel to add comments and discuss the solution. – https://coggle.it
- Conceptboard: offers a big number of templates which help to work on a topic in a structured way; the concept board can be shared with others; one can integrate different media types (videos, pictures) into the concept board. – https://conceptboard.com/
- Dotstorming: is a whiteboard tool to collect digital notes and vote on them. This tool supports discussion and brainstorming on different topics and questions. – https://dotstorming.com
- Stormboard: not only offers a whiteboard functionality but also various templates that can be used for different requirements (e.g. timetables, mind maps, etc.). – https://www.stormboard.com
- Padlet: is a brainstorming tool that provides blank canvas to create ideas and work on collaborative projects. – https://padlet.com
- Etherpad: allows you to edit documents collaboratively in real-time. Students can collect their ideas together with colleagues, all working on the same document at the same time. –https://etherpad.org/
- Google Docs: Google docs allows you to work on a document together in a team. The changes are documented and saved automatically. Direct exchange is possible via the integrated chat function. –https://docs.google.com/document/
- Mindmeister: Online mind map tool that enables collaborative work. – https://www.mindmeister.com/de
- Jamboard: Google white board – https://jamboard.google.com
- Twiddla: Online Whiteboard (add photos, draw, add text, websites, ..) – https://www.twiddla.com/
- Miro: Online whiteboard – https://miro.com/de/