Risk management and security issues in online studies are typically regulated by institutional policies and codes of conduct.
Additionally, an educator can add security procedures such as:
- assess risks in advance according to their probability and impact
- inform students about the data security rules and legislation
- use waiting rooms or entrance codes for online classroom access (e.g. Zoom, Teams, Google Classroom)
- require students to verify their identity in advance or via camera (e.g. in online exams or assessed assignments)
- provide expert lectures about data and cyber security.
Catyanadika. P. E. 2021. Project risk assessment of higher education online learning project during the Covid-19 crisis. World Journal on Educational Technology Current Issues 13(4):602-616