The educator can provide step-by-step instructions for learners how to use digital tools needed in the course. Instructions can be part of an assignment (e.g. how to use document templates or make a video etc.).
The instructions can be also presented in the beginning of the course or lecture (e.g. how to share a screen when presenting, how to use collaboration platform or facilitate sessions online etc.)
As a warm-up task, educators can ask learners to create step-by-step instructions to be shared for each other in an online class. See for example topics below.
Examples of instructions:
- How to navigate in the LMS from the students point of view
- How to set up a microphone
- How to open a web camera
- How to share a screen
- How to use a presentation mode
- How to use document templates
- How to give peer feedback in LMS
- How to save the assignment into a specific format