Introduction and overview
What this e-handbook is about and who created it
This e-handbook was developed as part of the Erasmus+ Strategic Partnership “Enhancing the Development of Educators’ Digital Competencies” (EDUdig). The handbook consists of the following elements:
- Introduction and overview
- Chapter 1: Digitally enhanced collaboration
- Chapter 2: Forming teams online
- Chapter 3: Facilitating digitally enhanced collaborative learning
- Chapter 4: Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL)
These chapters are organised into sections and subsections, all of which are usually structured into three columns:
- A central column where learners find the main contents and flow of argument presented including graphics and additional information via hyperlinks connecting to EDUdig sources as well as external sources
- A left-hand column where learners find the table of contents
- A right-hand column where learners find further information, particularly about proficiency levels of digital competencies (also see section below)
The basic objective of the e-handbook is to accompany and guide learners who want to improve digital competencies on the path of self-directed learning without instructor.
More specifically, this e-handbook focuses on competencies required for digitally enhanced collaboration, team building and collaborative learning including international dimensions. Going through the handbook will allow learners to check and improve their knowledge and skills related to these competencies and guide them along relevant results of the EDUdig project and further sources to deepen their understanding.
This e-handbook has been created by a team from the following four institutional EDUdig partners: